Saturday, September 27, 2014

PowerToPedal.com

PowerToPedal.com
Click Image To Visit Site

At just 24 years old, I was told I wouldn’t be able to walk when I was 30 if I didn’t stop impact sports immediately. As a compe ive runner and active skier, this news shattered my life and sunk me into a depression. Was my destiny to sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself?


I thought that when I ran and it hurt that’s what he meant. And since I loved running and compe ion, I learned to tolerate a lot of pain.



Hi, my name is Robin Robertson, and I’m a USA Cycling Coach (Level 2), ACE Certified Personal Trainer, and I own and manage a tennis and health club (more on my “test kitchen” later).


What separates you from the good, strong riders is not just strength – but technique. If you take two cyclists with equal strength, the one with superior technique will win every time.


What is this? You didn’t know that there is more to cycling than just pushing down on the pedals? Oh yes, my friends, much more. Simple technique tips that change everything. You can say goodbye to grinding slowly up the hill while others wiz past you.


No matter what type of cyclist you are now (from brand new to cycling to veterans), if you want to transition to being more comfortable, confident, and powerful on a bike, then it should be no surprise that learning the secrets and practicing the techniques will change everything.


If you just go ride, or hop into a spinning® cl , you might be working hard, but these workouts are disjointed and without a plan. There is an entire “next level” of training where a planned progression of workouts produce REAL results that you can see and feel, especially when you are out on the road.


But that doesn’t just happen without a plan. Let’s go back 23 years to when my kids were born and my exercise options were limited to my ba t. My creepy, dark, outside access ba t (we live in an old house.)


My weekday cycling changed to indoor rides with my bike mounted on a trainer. I noticed that I started having better success on my outdoor rides… because of my indoor training. I focused on improving my cycling techniques and created workout plans with a purpose for every ride. With the loss of strength in my left leg, I had to make up for it with better technique bringing more power to the pedal. No more wasted time “just riding,” my planned efforts were making a difference.


My husband would ask “Are you going for a Mole Ride?” (refer to the creepy dark outside access ba t).


I developed the Cycle Moles Winter Training Camp that I continue to coach at my club.* This became my test kitchen to see what worked with a wide variety of people and skill levels. We have every type of cyclist – from those who haven’t been on a bike for years to those who race for the local teams – and everyone in between.


* Note of irony – I own and manage a tennis & health club but can’t play tennis because of my knees. Hmmm….


Through the Cycle Moles camps (which now run year-round), I’ve developed the ideal combination of teaching good body position and body mechanics, with methods to increase power and endurance. My Cycle Moles Winter Training group typically increases their power (as measured by watts) from 10 – 40% over a 4 month period. That improvement in strength and stamina is outstanding!**


I have taken all of that knowledge and proven results and distilled it into “Power to Pedal” …a series of 6 training videos that is the starting block for fitness, strength, and stamina.


** This is a 4 month program with twice per week training and a progressive, periodized plan. Power to Pedal is the best of the cycling training techniques we teach in the first month.


That’s the key. I don’t do silly things on bikes like…bike pushups…or lift weights while cycling…or pedal crazy fast. Why? Because you are putting your body in poor alignment or don’t have complete control of your movement. I’ve seen other instructors do these ridiculous things and not only is it dangerous, you actually run the risk of doing damage.


For me, as long as I am doing the non-impact activities that I should, I no longer have that gnawing pain in my knee…and I am as fit as I was in college, feeling fresh and energetic.


I take the mystery out of so many things, provide planned progressive workouts, and give you results:


Throughout every workout, your heart rate is elevated with periodic spikes in our interval training built… Read more…


0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Copyright © 2012. klclarkson - All Rights Reserved